Consumer Advice: Travel
Travel is a huge part of most people’s everyday life, whether it’s using public transport for work or flying to the other side of the world for a dream holiday. With this in mind, we want to make sure you know your consumer rights when it comes to travel, making sure you know what to do if something goes wrong. Just click on a consumer advice article below to learn more about our travel advice.
- Airline Dispute Resolution Service takes off – Thousands of holidaymakers will benefit this summer from two new services that help passengers resolve complaints with airlines. In the past, many compensation claims for delays and cancellations of flights were put on hold while airlines fought legal battles in courts. However, the new resolution schemes claim they will speed up the process.
- How to complain about an airline in the UK? – Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) body for aviation. The scheme will handle all complaints, ranging from late flights to lost luggage. It’a great news for consumers and airlines because Airline Dispute Resolution can work with both parties to maintain relationships and promote customer care.
- CAA approves the launch of free scheme for flyers to resolve disputes with airlines – Flight passengers have a brand new free service to handle their complaints if they fail to resolve them with an airline. Airline Dispute Resolution by the Retail Ombudsman has been approved by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) to make free and impartial decisions which will be binding on all member airlines. The scheme will handle all complaints, ranging from late flights to lost luggage.
We hope we’ve been able to help you with your consumer problem(s). If our consumer advice articles have not answered your consumer issue, then you can connect with us via social media and ask a question.
Know your rights!
- What is The Consumer Rights Act 2015?
- What are my consumer rights when buying in shops?
- What are my consumer rights when buying online?
Join us on Social Media: